I spent a little bit of time spinning up a new homepage for TrivialPackets and the current results can be seen at TrivialPackets.com. As my time frees up a little when I pass my CCNA exam, I have a great project that I'm going to start the coding on. I've been doing a whole lot of sketching, brainstorming and mapping out the user processes, so I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to want it to look like initially.
Just throwing together the website was a great experience for me yesterday. Largely because in my daily work, I'm not "creating" things the way that I was when I was doing my coding work on uGrade.me. Don't get me wrong, I like my job a lot. Networking is fascinating, as is Information Security, which is a field that is both in high demand and always changing. My job is very, very enjoyable, interesting to the max and thoroughly challenging. But there is this euphoric feeling I get when I'm actually "creating" something. Anything, really. I feel the same way when I've done some sort of woodworking project and I'm putting on the finishing touches.
Exciting times are coming. Can't wait to start this party.
No comments:
Post a Comment