My current role is that of the Information Security Analyst for a company whose primary concerns are end user acceptance and PCI compliance (most days, in that order). There are some great people here that are pushing the envelope hard for the purpose of increasing our security awareness, and there are some that are not, like most every company.
I'm moving on. Not to expect a magically security conscious company, but to my next challenge and growth opportunity within the information security field. After starting with this company 6 years ago as a Helpdesk Analyst, I have moved onto Systems Administrator, untitled VoIP caretaker and finally onto my current role of Information Security Analyst. I've learned a lot and will continue to do so, but with a new office and company to call my home.
My new position is as the Network and Security Administrator (NSA!). I will be moving from a fairly large, family owned company, to this new role in the healthcare industry, within a network of three hospitals. This is going to be challenging and very exciting. From the perspective that I am now looking at multiple, much larger pools of data to be secured and compliance audits that go far beyond our PCI-DSS SAQ-A.
From PCI, to HIPAA and all other information stored in the network, it's going to be a very big challenge and I am confident that my growth in the information security arena will be growing steadily as a result of this change. I'm confident, excited and maybe a bit anxious.
I'm starting the last week in July. Hopefully more experiences to come, and more writing from me.
No comments:
Post a Comment